Friday 16 January 2015

Welcome 2015! / Bienvenidos a 2015!

Homemade pizza cooked on the grill, de-lish!

As the clock struck midnight here in Uruguay, I was a couple of hours outside of the city in a small beach town. We were a small group of thirty-somethings ringing in the new year with bursting bellies, topped up drinks, lots of fresh air, good music, and of course fireworks. We rented a humble cottage a few blocks from the beach, so that we were guaranteed our first few days of 2015 would be spent in the sun and sand! We also grilled everything in sight for five days straight, including corn on the cob, red peppers cut in half with a fried egg in the centre, provolone cheese, and even pizza. (They throw everything on the grill here and it's all delicious!) Although the sun didn't really come out until January 3rd, there was no shortage of good food, drinks, or company! 




Ringing in the first few days of the new year at the beach!
On a more reflective note, I was feeling grateful and relaxed as the year came to a close. I'm not sure what I enjoy most about celebrating the new year. Looking back on the wins and losses of the past twelve months or looking ahead and planning for another equally fulfilling year. There is no doubt that 2014 was a big year for me. I had a lot of help and I used all of my resources, in every sense of the word, to make one of my dreams a reality. Thus my gratitude as the year came to an end. Looking ahead though, I couldn't help but ask, 'how could 2015 compete with moving to Uruguay!?'

Well, so far the year is off to a great start! Being an English teacher, I have been on holidays since just before Christmas and classes don't start again until the beginning of March. I began the new year on holiday, in the heat of summer, in a country filled with beautiful coastlines and beaches.  Hello 2015!




Wishing you lots of AMOR for 2015!
There is an expression here when you like the vibe or energy of a place or person. People say that it or they have buena onda. Literally, it would translate into 'good wave', but it means a good or positive vibe. Well that's how I am feeling about the year ahead and being in Uruguay. I am in the right place, just where I need to be, meeting so many new and incredible people and I am feeling the good vibes all around me! It's exciting to not know how the year ahead will unfold. It's exciting to say 'yes' to new experiences and to be open. Personally, I feel ready and I can't wait to see how this year plays out. It is sure to include new challenges, adventures, many new friends, more beautiful landscapes, and so many more great memories - what more could I ask for out of the year ahead!?

Wishing everyone a very full and fulfilling year. May the buena onda find you wherever you are!



P.S. Looking for a little astrological direction as you start the new year? Here's my favourite author of all things astro!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments!